Sunday, November 26, 2006

Home Remedy for Acid Reflux

I started looking into some home remedies for acid reflux or natural remedies to try to cut down on the over the counter acid reflux medications I take. Some that I found are:

Ginger - some people grind up ginger and add it to their meal or take it in a pill form after a meal with water. They say it helps reduce the acid in your stomach, reducing the chance of acid reflux.

Enzymes - digestive papaya enzymes are known to speed up your digestive process, which supposedly eliminates the risk of acid reflux. Enzymes are available in chewable tablets and you're supposed to take them with water right after you eat a meal.

Fiber - increasing your fiber intake is another way that is supposed to alleviate acid reflux. The fiber supposedly absorbs the excess acid, allowing your body to discard toxins quicker, allieviating acid reflux.

Water - drinking more water (8 glasses a day) will allow the body to flush away toxins and expel acid easier.

Tea - green tea is known to aid the body in digesting food and soothing the stomach. Also herbal teas such as peppermint, chamomile, and Ginger are also known to soothe the stomach. Having a cup of one of these teas after a meal supposedly is a great way to ease acid reflux.

I myself have not tried any of these home remedies for acid reflux, but I'd be curious to know if anyone out there has and if they really work? Or if anyone knows of any other home remedies or natural remedies for acid reflux?

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big help for me.. I have issues with good diets for my acid reflux

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good posting, helpfull
i like to reading it.
cheer! for next articles

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog! .. i have blog about acid reflux and diet .. too.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous PharmaHeidi said...

In some cases unfortunately the only thing that helps is a good medication. I have tried all of these ideas and more with no luck. All that keeps me in shape is my nexium!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read this blog. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want not concur on it. I over warm-hearted post. Especially the title-deed attracted me to review the intact story.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read the article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting story as for me. It would be great to read a bit more concerning this matter. Thnx for posting this info.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather interesting site you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Sincerely yours

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Acid Reflux Causes said...

There are nice tips. Acid reflux is really a hard condition to cope up with. Also, it is not the type of sicknesses that can easily be dealt with outside the home. Thanks for these home remedy. I will definitely recommend it in my website.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Patromo said...

Hello. I'm Benjamin Patromo. Your blog helps me a lot. I've been searching for natural ways to ease acid reflux. Eating less acidic food helps as well.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Steve Warwick said...

Awesome! great tips. It can help to those who suffers acid reflux. Thanks for posting. If you get the chance feel free to visit me back on my site to get more information about acid reflux wedge pillow.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is going to be some bring old article, but it really compensated for ours time. I will posted a links to this post on my blog. I am sure ours visitor will think that very useful

9:38 PM  
Blogger Mason Dixon Mom said...

Chia seeds are a big help for those having acid problems. Don't hydrate them. Instead eat them, then drink a glass of water.. they will absorb the acid in your belly!

9:24 PM  
Anonymous hernia surgery Los Angeles said...

I have tried water several times and it works.It flushed out the toxins and makes the body feel at ease very soon.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home