Sunday, September 10, 2006

Acid Reflux: Dont Eat Large, Late At Night

Well friends, once again I didnt follow my doctors advice about eating large meals! A friend of mine came home from Texas yesterday so of course we all had to get together at his mothers house last night. His mom is a former cooking instructor so needless to say it was worth the pain! We didn't sit down to eat until 9pm. I had some of everthing which of course in total made for a rather full stomach of beef, garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli, peas, pop-overs, ice cream cake for dessert and of course all the pre-meal apps like nachos!! So as you can figure by now, my ride home was uncomfortable and I didnt sleep very well. I popped a few Tums to help and by morning I was doing better.

Just rememeber Eating large meals anytime would cause the stomach to grow and put pressure on your lower esophageal sphincter causing you guessed it, acid reflux. Laying down after eating a large meal late at night is a double whammy since the stomach contents are more likely to flow into the esophagus and stay for a while.

Lesson learned...no more late night feasts!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home